Hopefully, you are reading this article months before and not moments before your wedding. Having beautiful skin is a key to being photog ready, but it is something not all of us are blessed with. The good news is that with a little routine and mindfulness, you can have dramatic improvements in your skin tone and quality. Here's how:
1) Wash your face at night. Get the daily grime off so that your skin can rest and repair while you slumber. A freshly washed face will also help keep the oils off of your pillow which could cause additional acne and irritation.
2) Use a gentle cleanser and possibly a toner to remove all traces of dirt and make-up from your skin.
3) Use and intensive moisturizer at night time and a lighter one for during the day. Don't forget the SPF!
4) Gently exfoliate when needed. About once a week should do the trick to remove dead skin cells.
5) Leave your face alone! Do not pick or pop pimples as this can make them worse!
6) See a dermatologist if what you're doing at home isn't working well enough. He or she may be able to give you a prescription to something stronger than what you would find at the drug store.
7) Stay hydrated! Drink plenty of water so that your body is able to flush out toxins.
8) Eat a healthy diet that is low in sodium. Salty foods cause your body to hang on to water causing your skin to be puffy and look irritated.
9) Take a daily vitamin to be sure that you're receiving all the nutrients your skin needs.